In 2016 SingletrAction joined forces with a group of passionate riders in Wetherby who were looking to improve the riding options for rider young and old in their area. The result after several years of effort by hundreds of local volunteers, working with the Town Council, Harrogate Army College, Police Cadets, Wetherby Lions, Tracsis, Greens Contractors and Sport England was:
- The Devil’s Toenail Bike Park – about 1km of purpose built trails with jumps and features, aimed to help riders build their skills (some built to be accessible to hand bikes). Graded up to Red.
- The Little Toe – A small pump track for young children
- The Red Kite Trail – a signposted network of XC routes on the local bridleways, done with the help of GSM Valtech.
The local volunteer group have continued to maintain and develop the site, with plans this year to:
- Reinstate the Red Rock Garden
- Renew and improve the Big Toe Pump Track
- Add rock and other features on the main trails
So keep your eyes peeled for Dig Days!