My First Dig Day
Never been to a Singletraction Dig Day, what will it be like? A bunch of super buff, weather beaten outdoorsmen talking ‘bench cut this’ and ‘angle of dangle that’! Not even close (well apart from super buff…)
Simply put we are a loose collective of bikers who feel passionate about riding great trails; it’s just that we all feel the need to put a little something back.
Some of us have extraordinary bike handling skills but most of us don’t, some of us are extremely knowledgeable about trail specs and materials, but most of us just like moving big rocks and getting dirty! It’s like being a kid again!
Our diggers are from a range of ages and backgrounds, we are often joined by our kids and wives/girlfriends and there’s nearly always a dog around if you need a little canine company.
Ok, sounds like I might like it, what should I bring and how physical will it be?
- Wear some decent boots and bring a pair of gloves (not marigolds..).
- Something warm and waterproof.
- Bring along plenty of food and coffee.
- Work as hard as you like or stand around talking about bikes all day (like Cheeky!).
Do I need any tools?
- It’s always useful to bring a spade (if only to look the part), if we are surfacing then a barrow comes in handy, if its brashing then rakes/saws are good.
- We have a decent collection of tools for your digging pleasure.
- Always worth checking the next dig day on our home page (http://www.singletraction.co.uk)
Will I feel like a spare part?
- This is not a chain gang, we do it cos we loves it.
- If your stuck for a job, just ask; we don’t like telling people what to do on their day off.
Is it a long day?
- It’s as long as you want it to be.
- There is normally somebody around from 9 and occasionally we work till 4 but you can turn up when you like and leave when you want, no one will be judging you, any help is appreciated.
What about riding?
- If you want to combine riding and digging then turn up early for a blast then join us later for a dig, it never seems to work the other way round..
Do I need to be a member?
- For the sake of insurance you need to be a member to dig but that doesn’t mean you can’t come along for the day and see how we work!
What are all the tools called/used for?
- Check out tools of the trade page HERE.